In the past few years, there’s been an ongoing conversation about how the mainstream media views social media and about the overall lack of diversity in social media and technology. The good news is that a lot of individuals and organization are stepping up to bridge that gap. We’ve come a long way and we still have a long way to go.
- How can we empower more people to transition from consuming digital content to creating digital content? From supporting businesses to starting businesses?
- How can we empower more people to leverage digital media to turn their passions into profits?
- How can we encourage more women and minorities to pursue technical careers?
- How can we increase access and exposure to STEM fields?
- How can we bridge the digital divide?