Verizon Powerful Answers Award
Verizon is looking for innovators to help solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Encouraging developers and entrepreneurs from around the world to leverage Verizon’s cloud, broadband and wireless networks to deliver social good, the company is offering $6 million in awards for solutions in the following categories:
- Education: Schools that keep up with the latest technology can give their students an advantage. With Cloud, Mobile and other enabling technologies, how can education become more accessible, more engaging and more collaborative for both students and teachers?
- Healthcare: Challenges like chronic diseases, an aging population and complex government regulations are overwhelming today’s healthcare industry. What new solutions can be created to connect clinicians, patients, and critical information and to deliver results that can dramatically reduce costs and save lives?
- Sustainability: Technology can help industries run faster, cleaner and more efficiently. How can we develop new innovations in green energy, energy efficiency and smarter living that can have a positive impact on the environment and our world?
- Transportation: Transportation problems can be more easily solved with the latest technology advances in mobile communications and data analysis. How can we leverage technology to enable smarter (and safer) driving, address urban sprawl and implement logistics solutions that will increase efficiencies?
Each category will winner will receive $1 million, and two runners in each category will receive $250,000.
Ready to brainstorm your big idea? Last year’s winners are a great source of inspiration.
Share your idea at http://www.verizon.com/powerfulanswers/award/. Submit your idea by June 30, 2014 to throw your hat in the ring!
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- #BlackLivesMatter - July 25, 2016
- How to learn to code: 30+ online resources - April 4, 2016
- Verizon to Award $6M to Innovators to Change the World - June 4, 2014