In the past few years, there’s been an ongoing conversation about how the mainstream media views social media and about the overall lack of diversity in social media and technology. The good news is that a lot of individuals and organization are stepping up to bridge that gap. We’ve come a long way and we still have a long way to go.
- How can we empower more people to transition from consuming digital content to creating digital content? From supporting businesses to starting businesses?
- How can we empower more people to leverage digital media to turn their passions into profits?
- How can we encourage more women and minorities to pursue technical careers?
- How can we increase access and exposure to STEM fields?
- How can we bridge the digital divide?
My goal with Digital Diversity is to provide an online destination for people who are interested in leveraging digital media and technology to build a personal brand or launch a business. To that end, I’ve reached out to friends, mentors and heroes to share their advice, encouragement and insights. I’ll be featuring interviews with a diverse group of movers and shakers in this space, including some of your favorite bloggers, vloggers and mobile app developers. They’ll be sharing their experiences and providing action steps and resources to help you find your voice, develop new skills and turn your passions into profits.
Digital Diversity is launching soon! In the meantime, keep an eye out for behind-the-scenes quotes and commentary from our guests.
Latest posts by Lauren (see all)
- #BlackLivesMatter - July 25, 2016
- How to learn to code: 30+ online resources - April 4, 2016
- Verizon to Award $6M to Innovators to Change the World - June 4, 2014